ePass2003 PKI authentication token
The Internet has become a necessary part of doing business. But with the growth of the Internet have come threats to businesses from hackers, network snooping devices, viruses and other sources that are now part-and-parcel of the public Internet – these threats have become a cost of doing business.
The PKI model was developed to enable secure transactions and communications over the Internet, primarily through providing services for authentication, identification and encryption of sensitive information.
ePass2003 is the world’s foremost cryptographic identity verification module. ePass provides a host of indispensable protective measures for digital communication and transaction.
Highly secure and versatile
As a two-factor authentication solution ePass2003 can secure local and remote desktop and network log-on. Key cryptography and the digital signing of emails, documents, and transactions are performed on-board in the secure token framework, which is impervious to after-market modification and manipulation.
Easy integration with various PKI applications
Out of the box, ePass2003 supports the widely recognized industry standards PKCS#11 and the Microsoft CryptoAPI. This means it already works with many PKI and SmartCard applications. ePass is remarkably versatile and the ePass SDK may be used to create many other user-defined applications. FIPS 140-2 level 3 certified.
High-performance secure smart card chip
Smart card chip certified by Common Criteria EAL 5+. ePass2003 has a large (64KB) built-in memory space and can simultaneously accommodate several digital certificates, private keys, passwords and other security credentials. A single ePass2003 token may support multiple PKI applications. On-board RSA, AES, DES/3DES, SHA-1, SHA-256 algorithms approved by NIST FIPS CAVP.
ePass: safe and secure
The ePass2003 PKI token has been selected by many banks as the standard authentication token because it is FIPS 140-2 level 3 certified!
Secure smart card chip
- 16 bit Smart card chip certified by Common Criteria EAL 5+
- on-board RSA 512/1024/RSA 2048 bit, ECDSA 192/256 bit, DES/3DES, AES 128/192/256 bit, SHA-1 / SHA-256 approved by NIST FIPS CAVP
- Hardware random number generator
- 64KB EEPROM memory to store private keys, multiple certificates and sensitive data
- 64 bit universal unique hardware serial number
Secure Card Operating System
- Certified to FIPS 140-2 level 3 standard, FIPS 140-2 level 2 certified
- Secure messaging ensures confidentiality between the device and the application
- Support X.509 v3 standard certificate. Support storing multiple certificate on one device
- On-board RSA2048 key pair generation, signature and encryption
- Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS
- Compliant with Windows mini driver standard, work with Microsoft Base Smart Card CSP, supports Microsoft smart card enrolment for windows smart card user and smart card logon
- Support PKCS #11 standard API, Microsoft CryptoAPI and Microsoft CryptoAPI : Next Generation (CNG)
- Works with PKCS#11 & CSP compliant software like Netscape, Mozilla, Internet Explorer and Outlook
Supports various PKI applications
- Ideal device to carry digital certificates and works with all certificate related applications
- Highly security ensured device for computer and network sign-on
- Easy-to-use web authentication, Plug & Play under Windows systems
- Support document, email and transaction signature and encryption