Digital Signature Certificate
Digital Signature Certificates or DSC or Digital Signature are being adopted by various government agencies and now is a statutory requirement in various applications.
PKC Advisors offers different class of certificates to help organization and individuals secure online transactions with legal validity as per the Indian IT Act, 2000.
PKC Advisors conform to x.509 standard of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in India where in additionally these are issued as per IVG and IOG guidelines issued by the office of Controller of Certifying Authorities.
There are various Type and Class of DSC, the information below would help you to arrive to the right certificate for your needs.
Type of Certificates
- SignSign DSC can only be used for signing documents. The most popular usage of is signing the PDF file for Tax Returns, MCA and other websites. Signing via DSC gives the assurance of not only the integrity of the signer but also the data. It is proof of untampered and unaltered data.
- EncryptEncrypt DSC can only be used to encrypt a document, it is popularly used in the tender portal, to help companies encrypt the documents and upload. You could also use the certificate to encrypt and send classified information. Encrypt DSC is fit for e-commerce documents, legal documentation and sharing documents that are highly confidential and contains information that needs to be protected. We are selling Encrypt certificate as a standalone product as well.
- Sign & EncryptOur Sign & Encrypt DSC can be used for both signing and encrypting. It is convenient for users who need to authenticate and maintain the confidentiality of the information shared. Its usage includes filing government form and application.
Validity of the Certificate
You could buy certificates with a validity upto three years. (The validity is controlled by law, and you cannot buy certificates more than three years and less than One year validity)
Classes of Certificates
The IT law allows us three Classes of DSC, however we only sell Class 2 and Class 3 certificates. We are not selling Class 1 Certificates.
The difference between Class 2 and Class 3 is verification guidelines.
- Capricorn Class 2 Digital Signature CertificateThis is the most popular category of certificate. We offer Class 2 DSC to individuals and organisations including both Indian and foreign. The main function of this certificate is to authenticate the details of the signer. It re-affirms the already mentioned data of the user. It is used in form-filing, email attestation and income tax filing. More uses of Class 2 Digital Signature Certificates are given below –
- MCA e-filing
- LLP registration
- GST application
- IE code registration
- Form 16,etc
- Capricorn Class 3 Digital Signature CertificateThis is the safest of all certificates. It is used in matters of high security and safety. It is mainly used in online trading and e-commerce, where a huge amount of money or highly confidential information is involved. If you opt for Class 3 certificate, all applications which are created for Class 2, should be able to recognize your certificates. Following are the main functions of Class 3 certificates –
- Patent and trademark e-filing
- MCA e-filing
- Customs e-filing
Who could buy our certificate
There is no limitation on who could buy our certificates, people and organization from India and outside India can buy our certificates, provided they meet our Verification Guidelines. Please look at our list below to select an appropriate application form.
- IndividualsThe DSC is for Indians, who do not want their organization name to be part of the certificate. Click here
- OrganizationThs DSC is for companies (any type of entity), who want their organization name to be part of DSC. Click here
- Foreign IndividualsThe DSC is for foreigners and would like to use our certificate in their name. Click here
- Foreign OrganizationThe DSC is for Organizations registered outside India would like to use our Digital certificates. Click here
- Document Signer CertificateIf you intend to use our certificate for bulk signing of documents, you could use our Bulk Signer Certificates. We would offer this certificate in PFX file for Class 2 and is sold to Organizations only. Click here
- IET CertificatesWe have a special Digital Signature certificate for IEC code holders, this certificate is specifically used for DGFT portal. Click here
We have three different verification methods for acquiring the Digital signature certificate. The applicant can opt for the method they prefer.
- TraditionalIn traditional method applicant has to fill a form with requirements covering type, validity, usage, usable by etc. Attested photocopies of Address proof, ID, PAN, etc. should be attached along with the form. Applicant has to sign the form and fill all the mandatory requirements. All attached documents should be attested by either Bank Manager, Gazetted Officers or Post Master.
To serve you better the certificates are available locally in your area / city through a Capricorn Network.
You can also write to us at [email protected] or speak to our connect manager at +91-9041222285 who will assist you in connecting to our business manager.